- Preparation and submission of applications for Medicaid, VA benefits, SNAP, HEAP and Pooled Income Trusts
- Relocation services to/from a home, retirement community or rehabilitation facility
- Recommendation and procurement of assistive devices and technological services
- Coordinate home based health services; home health aides, nutrition, physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Thorough on-site evaluation of physical and safety needs including daily living review
- Review of family and community supports
- In-facility evaluation to confirm client is receiving proper and thorough care
- Provide a network & referral services for legal, financial, health care, and reverse mortgage
- Coordinate PRI and senior housing placement
- Negotiate with Medicare, Medicaid, insurers and health care providers
- Advocacy at Medicaid Assessments
- Pre-need funeral planning
- Advance Directives and Health Care Proxy
Initial Evaluation - Information is gathered over the phone and an appointment will be made with our Elder Care Consultant to visit with you and your loved one(s) in their environment. A thorough financial, medical and social history will be completed. This information is gathered with the senior and their family members. Diagnosis and medications are researched, legal documents including advance directives and finances will be reviewed. Living arrangement and an evaluation of the senior’s ability to complete daily living activities and cognitive abilities will be performed.
Plan of Care - A plan of care is developed based on the above observations with specific recommendations to improve the quality of life. Referrals to various services and programs are included. Ongoing monitoring and assistance may also be implemented. Our Elder Care Consultant will save you time and money by coordinating services and providing care. We are experts in the needs of elders and community resources. We will navigate you through a complex system, whether it is for assistance with showering, dressing, taking medications or simply the need for companionship.
Knowing what services are available for seniors and caregivers is critical. It is also important to determine how to pay for such services. Many seniors are not aware that they qualify for Medicaid and other government benefits. Medicaid is a social health care program for those with low income and limited resources. You must meet certain criteria to qualify for Medicaid. We will professionally prepare and file your Medicaid application, often at half the cost of an elder care attorney. Not only do we prepare, file and submit your application, we will advocate at the Medicaid assessments that take place once approval is obtained. We also prepare nursing home (Institutional) Medicaid applications.